- The Toxicology Graduate program is recruiting 4 to 6 new students for Fall 2013 (we have competed admissions for 2012).
- Our deadline for consideration for Fall 2013 admission is February 1, 2013. To be considered
you must apply.
- Stipend is between $1650 to $1746 per month depending on source of funding.
- Students on assistantships receive Tuition Scholarships (Ph.D. 100%; M.S. 50% assessed at in-state rates) and paid single health insurance.
- We recruit domestic and international applicants.
- Selection is based on faculty interest in a your application. Please indicate in your application the faculty or research area in
which you are interested.
Application process. Application review begins February 2. Students are admitted either directly to a lab or are recruited to
participate in rotations. Generally all admissions decisions for both domestic and international applicants run between March 1
and May 15. Once a student has been advised of the acceptability of their application, the student will be encouraged to
contact faculty in whose research they are interested. Faculty interest in an application is essential for admission.
GREs, TOEFLS and GPAs: We do not have minimum GRE scores, but good scores are a plus. We look for TOEFL scores around 600/250/100.
We look for GPAs around 3.4. We consider the entire application. Appropriate course preparation and research experience are esssential.
GRE/TOEFL codes for Iowa State University is 6306 and Toxicology is 0219.
Work is offered for the master of science [M.S.] and doctor of philosophy [Ph.D.] degrees with a major or minor in toxicology.
There are fourteen participating departments.
The diversity of faculty
in the interdepartmental toxicology program ensures a
broad, well-balanced education from the best instructors, while offering flexibility in choice of specialization.
For details regarding applying to the program click here.
Linda Wild [Email], Program Coordinator
2102 Molecular Biology
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-3260
Phone 515-294-7697 or 1-800-499-1972 and ask for Toxicology
Fax Building Fax 515-294-7629 Please indicate "Forward to Lmwild@iastate.edu" on all faxes
Richard Martin, Program Chair (Biomedical Sciences)
Aileen Keating (Animal Science)
Arthi Kanthasamy, Vice Chair (Biomedical Sciences)
Joel R. Coats, (Entomology)
Wilson Rumbeiha (Biomedical Sciences)
Suzanne Hendrich (Food Sciences and Human Nutrition)